Thursday, September 24, 2009

H1N1 Fun...























Well, the girls have H1N1...have had it since Saturday...(guess I should say that they don't have the "official" diagnosis. However, my doc is telling me that pretty much all flu is Swine Flu right now. The Department of Disease Control is so busy testing these flu samples that they are backed up. 96% of what they are seeing is confirmed Swine Flu). They are feeling much better now though (thanks to $95 Tamiflu, lots of rest, lots of fluids)!
What have we been doing for 6 days?

1. Well, once they started feeilng better, we played with bendaroos. I was so impressed at all the stuff we made and the fun we had. They are pretty cool little crafts; whoever invented them is genuis! (just a stick with wax on it....why don't I ever think of these things???)

2. We decorated the house for Halloween. Those that know me are probably thinking..."what, Halloween?" because they know I'm not a HUGE fan of the Halloween decore. With the flu and boredom I decided to go wild (well, it's wild for me). Glowing cobwebs inside the house, a big purple spider web above the front door (that glows at night), orange lights on the bushes, decals on the windows....think we're gonna get some ghosts for the trees and pumpkins for the yard.
3. I knew I would be off today and tomorrow so I got some large marshmellows, m & m's, sprinkles, and toothpicks. We made strange creatures with those and then ate a few. That was fun except they ate more of the "supplies" than they used (which made for a light dinner last night)!

I've also been busy catching up on making dental appointments, eye appointments, having insurance adjustors come out to check the roof (we have water leaking into the garage), maintenance fixing the Att U Verse, etc... you know, all those things that get pushed to the side now that I'm a working mommy!~

No comments:

Post a Comment