Monday, August 10, 2009

Friends, Friends, and More Friends!!!

Keith and I have hosted many friends for dinner over the past three days. We began with chicken n dumplins on Saturday with the Giles family. Grace, Mikah, Jett, Madeline, and Presley played forever and had such a brilliant time! Keith, Mike, Kele, and I had great adult conversation and as always it was nice to be together. It was especially fun for Keith and I to watch Presley scoot around the living room rug, flirt with Keith, and hide her face due to being shy with him.....precious!

On Sunday, we hosted the Byrnes family (Jon, Julie, Jake, and Carson). We feasted on beef and cheese enchiladas and all the fixins! Carson and Grace entertained us with Taylor Swift. Madeline and Jake were just entertaining. Julie and Jon are so easy going and Keith and I find ourselves enjoying their company more and more each time we're together!

On Monday, we hosted the Kelly family (Craig, Kristin, William, and baby Creighton...hope I spelled that right...he will join us very soon). We enjoyed showering their family with baby gifts and spaghetti. Kristin brought fresh bread from Central Market and some garlic/herb butter that was to die for. It's been a long time since we had dinner with the Kelly family (guess since we had waffle night at their house a year ago). It was nice to share old memories, laugh at our children's humor, and make new memories.

Keith and I are really making an effort to invest our life in the important things in life...relationships. #1 our relationship with our Lord Jesus #2 our relationship with each other #3 our relationship to our children #4 our relationship with good friends. My cup truly runneth over! Steve Stroop's message on Sunday really hit home for us and confirmed our belief that this balance we are trying to achieve is God's will for us. I am learning to let go of the things that once had such an obsessive compulsive hold on me and enjoy the relationships in my life. I'm learning it's okay to leave the dishes, or not finish that load of laundry, or wait until another day to vacuum the floor before bed. I am reminded of the verse that reads something like..."these things will surely pass away..." What's important is not so much how efficient I am but how effective I am!



1 comment:

  1. We had such a great time! I am so glad you are working on those compulsive things, I know I have a ways to go... it about drove me crazy you leaving those dishes in the sink the other night!!! LOL!
    Love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete