Monday, August 17, 2009

Fun Times!







So, I started back to work today. In honor of that, we did our family fun night last night. Keith led the girls in a wonderful study about the snares (traps) of satan. He used a mouse trap for a visual representation. The girls LOVED it! We LOVED seeing and hearing their responses and insight into God's word. Afterwards, we let them have some play time with daddy's shaving cream (see the pic...it was everywhere).

When I got home from work today (5:45 pm) I had beautiful flowers and a note waiting for me from Grace (see the picture). She actually went outside and gathered flowers from our garden and used some rock from an old fish tank to make me this beautiful arrangement....then wrote a sweet note as well. It is at those times that I sigh a deep breath and know God is working within her. Despite the trials we face of her pulling away, her heart is gold.

The girls have learned to play checkers. We all take turns playing each other and seeing who the champ is (much to Keith's dismay, I am the checkers champ and cream them all). Even Maddie gets in on the action; for a 4 year old, she's really good :))


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful gesture from Grace, she is gold indeed!
    BTW, since being at your house we have been on the hunt for a checker game, can you believe we can't find just a normal checker board anywhere??!! They are all metal or have wierd checkers and not the typical red and black round ones...grrr!! Be on the look out for me!

    ReplyDelete