Saturday, August 15, 2009

Worship

You know that feeling that you really need to do something or go somewhere but just don't want to? Well, oddly, that's how I felt tonight about going to church. My heart knew I needed to be there, but my emotions were so raw that I really didn't want to go. I literally got in the car and just starting driving...debating all the way. I turned in, perhaps by habit, and parked. I took a very deep breath and walked into those big doors. As I entered the sanctuary and sat down I was so overcome with emotion that I sat there and wept.

Sometimes the right things in life aren't the easy things. (whew...you'd think I would've learned that with all I've been through the past 2 years). This is a clear example of why I'm so thankful for my relationship with Jesus. It's not some religious experience or church membership that dictates who I am...it's the Holy Spirit that lives within me. The Holy Spririt drove me right into that church parking lot tonight and I'm so glad I listened and let "Jesus take the wheel."

I don't know if it's because I'm tired physically from all the training and preparation of school starting, or perhaps it's that I'm dealing with changes in Grace's attitude and behavior, or maybe it's just life. Whatever though, worship tonight recharged my batteries and caused me to reflect on what's important in life. I lost my "balance" today and let my efficiency overtake my effectiveness. I let my worry overtake my emotions.

I love my church and am so thankful for godly leadership. It's so refreshing to walk into my church home each week and feel the spirit of God. "There's a sweet, sweet, spirit in this place...and I know that it's the spirit of the Lord."

1 comment:

  1. I am pleased you made it to church Saturday night, I know it had to make you feel better. I love ya girl and I am so thankful our friendship is strong enough for honesty. I love your children and you and Keith so much. I would hope you would always trust that and know that my heart is always in good place when it comes to you guys. Saturday was difficult for me as well, I was very conflicted, thank you for showing me kindness and understanding.

    ReplyDelete