Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 1--giving thanks!

I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who died for my sins, rose again, and promises me an eternity with HIM one day.

I remember being 7 years old and attending a revival service at my local church (FBC Edgewood) where our long time preacher, Br. Yeager, was leading the service. I don't remember the exact contents of his sermon, but I remember feeling "emotional" for the first time. I specifically remember feeling a "tug" at my heart and fighting back tears in the quietness of the backseat on the long drive home. (for some reason, it was just me and mom and dad in the car that night). As we pulled into the garage, I just sat there...unable to get out of the car. Mom and dad asked what was wrong and I burst into tears saying "I feel a tug in my heart. I think Jesus wants to come in." Right then and there, my parents led me in a prayer asking Jesus to be my Savior and forgive my sins. The following day I made an appointment to talk with Br. Yeager, to tell him about my decision. I walked the long aisle of that little Baptist Church that next night and committed my life (publicly) to Christ. Shortly after, I followed the Lord in Baptism. (Leah Mc and I were baptized together....the first to wear the "new white robes" in the baptism waters).

That night was the beginning of my new life in Christ. I learn more everyday and realize how much more I have to learn:) Jesus is my rock and strength. I look to Him for guidance and peace and joy. My relationship with Him is what this life is all about!

It is because of the above that I dedicate this first day of November to being thankful for Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. It's so sweet and I love how Jesus chose us.

    ReplyDelete