Friday, November 5, 2010

day 5...thankful for...



Today I am thankful for my sisters, Jennifer and Leslie!

Growing up Jennifer didn't like Les and I too much. She was the oldest and was too busy for our silliness. Truth be told, it wasn't until about 10 years ago that I'm even sure she liked me (LOL)! Now though, we are the best of friends. I love that she and Randy and Sarah only live a mile from me. We are able to see each other often and talk even more than that. She's been through quite a bit over the last 10 years and it's brought us closer. I am so proud of her and respect the integrity she's shown through it all!

Les and I have always been close. She was my barbie buddy (seriously, we played barbies until we were in junior high:) I loved to watch her play basketball. Often, I found myself being very protective of her. When those Edgewood girls were ugly to her I wanted to knock them sideways! This need to "protect" her is crazy because she didn't really need protecting; she has always been able to handle herself. I hate that she lives so far away right now (well, San Antonio feels far away). I hope that one day we can live close in proximity too.

Jennifer and Leslie are truly my best friends! I'm very lucky to call them "sisters."

No comments:

Post a Comment